Facebook has a bunch of people pissed off. Why? I don’t know...Facebook is free. If you don’t like what they are offering...don’t have Facebook. Simple.
But Facebook is now making you download the messenger app if you want to be able to send and receive private messages.
When downloading the new app you have to accept the terms and conditions, which nobody actually reads. But there are some odd permissions Facebook Messenger App is making you ‘accept’:
- Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation.
- Allows the app to send SMS messages. This may result in unexpected charges. Malicious apps may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.
- Allows the app to record audio with microphone. This permission allows the app to record audio at any time without your confirmation.
- Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.
- Allows the app to read personal profile information stored on your device, such as your name and contact information. This means the app can identify you and may send your profile information to others.
Why does Facebook need the ability to do this? Because Facebook is a billion dollar company and they can do whatever they want.
Yes, it probably feels like your privacy has been invaded...because it has. But if you don’t want to comply with what Facebook wants...get off Facebook.