Deadly St Catharines fire blamed on careless cooking
The St Catharines fire services says careless cooking is responsible for the fatal house fire that claimed the life of one woman and three dogs.
Firefighters responded to the blaze at 39 Davidson Street on Sunday afternoon. Upon arrival they found the single storey home engulphed in flames. The fire was brought under control in less than 40 minutes and during the search of the home firefighters discovered the deceased occupant and her dogs.
Sunday's fire was the third residential fire on Davidson Street in five months. Firefighters will visit homes in the area over the next few days to test smoke alarms and speak to residents about fire prevention.
St Catharines fire department is reminding people that every home needs working smoke alarms and everyone needs to know their home escape plan.