Public Health confirming more cases of Giardia
The number of lab confirmed cases of a parasite called Giardia has climbed to 33.
Niagara Public Health Director of Environmental Health Bjorn Christensen says they are continuing to be in contact with people who were exposed to the so-called "Beaver Fever" at a local swimming pool.
The pool at the Beacon Harbourside Inn in Jordan remains closed as Niagara Health investigates.
Giardia is a parasite that lives inside intestines of infected people causing vomiting and diarrhoea.
Niagara Public Health Director of Environmental Health Bjorn Christensen says there is a concern with anyone who picks up the parasite but in particular they are keeping an eye on the children exposed.
Public Health has been in contact with people who were known to have been in the pool during the risk period.
To date there are approximately 120 people who were exposed with 33 lab confirmed cases.
Christensen says that number could continue to climb as more lab results come in, but he's not expecting it to spike much higher.