Another St Catharines fire blamed on careless cooking
Another cooking mishap is being blamed for a kitchen fire in St Catharines.
Firefighters were called to a house on Rockwood Avenue to a kitchen fire caused by pot left on the stove.
A teenage male suffered second degree burns on his hands and face in the blaze.
St Catharines Fire Services Platoon chief Danny O'Hearn tells 610CKTB news people need to remember the importance of safety when cooking.
O'Hearn says it is another unfortunate story involving a fire caused by careless cooking and adds there was no working smoke detector in the townhouse.
This is the second fire caused by a cooking mishap in the past ten days. Last Sunday a fire on Davidson Street, that claimed the life of one woman and her dogs, was blamed on careless cooking.