Another Garden City fire blamed on careless cooking
Yet another fire in St. Catharines being blamed on careless cooking.
A fire on Welland Ave near Geneva Thursday morning.
Fire Chief Mark Melenbacher tells CKTB they narrowed it down to a pot on the stove.
He says there was mainly smoke damage in the 2 story house.
Melenbacher says careless cooking is the leading cause of fires in Ontario, and it's no different here in St. Catharines.
An unattended pot claimed the life of an elderly woman on Davidson street earlier this month after her home caught fire.